Just a bunch of little snippets...
* This morning I found out from the Dr. Horrible twitter that if you missed Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
, there's still a chance to catch it for free! Hulu is hosting it on their site, either as separate episodes or all together. Check it out here
, then pull it down from iTunes, ya' lazy bums! ;-)
* The hundred push ups program
is off to a good start. Yesterday was the start of week 2. This morning I did sit-ups as my "off day" exercise.
* The house is progressing, though I have no idea if it's progressing fast enough. The new entertainment center arrived yesterday, so now the house looks even worse and more chaotic. Some parts were damaged in shipping, so we can't assemble it just yet. We moved the current entertainment center into the front room. We'll be
obtaining Kim's parents' old TV (which is far and away better than our current one!) this weekend, so hopefully we'll have the replacement parts and the new entertainment center built by then. Progress is being made, but it feels like it's happening much, much too slowly.
* Dear The World, please send me $2000 that I may win this auction
and get what should be mine by divine right anyway. (Hey, I had to try!)
* This just in! As I was typing this I got a tweet from Dr. Horrible/Joss Whedon. He's experiencing an earthquake right this very moment. I love the internet.
* Mathematicians taste good. Just sayin'. :-)
* Having a friend with a bar in his house is awesome. Having multiple friends with multiple bars in their multiple houses is mega-awesome! I heart my lush comrades!
* If you are in any way a fan of TRON, get a change of pants and then watch this
. Do it fast though because Disney has been getting these vids pulled from YouTube. It's a bootleg that was secretly recorded of a bit of sneak-preview promo footage from Comic-Con of TR2N, the no-joke-they're-finally-really-making-it sequel! It's only a 2 1/2 minute clip, and I'm not sure how I feel about light cycles with analog steering, but it has lots of potential. Of course, it's also going to have to be something very very special to reach the bar set by TRON 2.0
. Between that and the next Terminator movie there's going to be some mighty fine cinematic geekery coming down the pike!
* On the opposite end of the happy spectrum is this: Some asshat decided that the UU church is part of "the liberal movement" and concluded that the appropriate response to the liberals "ruining the country" was to shoot up a UU church while a group of children were performing a play.
I'm not going to even start in on the fuck-upedness of viewing politics and society as a binary, 2 party, right-wing-or-left-wing thing, and I also won't subject you all to a tirade about how the surest way to get good people to do evil is with religion. I'm sure you can all fill in the gaps for yourselves.
* On a related subject though, for femetal
, the quote by Epicurus I couldn't quite recall last night is this:
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
* At long last, the 2 1/2 month drama relating to getting a new cell phone has come to an end! I got a refund and closed the eBay dispute, then turned around and picked up a (refurbished) Motorola RAZR V6. It could be arriving as early as today, and I can't fraggin' wait! My current phone was top of the line back when a color display was still the new hotness, and it hasn't aged well. There are blotches of dead pixels requiring creative scrolling to actually read text messages, and the thing really belongs in a steampunk costume rather than my pocket.
* Further word on the quake in California! It appears that Jhonen Vasquez is also in the affected area, but is well enough to send Twitter messages about it.
* Kim is teh seks. 'Nuff said. She's also my very favorite Doozer. :-)
Okay, going to hit "Post" now and get back to work!